Getting to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church 701 S. College Avenue Newark, DE 19713 For all 3 parking areas:
From the I-95 intersection with Rt. 896/S. College Ave.: proceed north on Rt. 896 a short distance to Old Chestnut Hill Rd. and turn right. The rear parking lot of St. Paul’s is on the left, just a short distance up Old Chestnut Hill Rd. To get to the front parking lot (and the Park & Ride lot), proceed a bit further up Old Chestnut Hill Rd. to the stop sign. Take a hard left at that sign and go a short distance to the front of the church & the front parking lot (on your left). You can also access the Park & Ride lot (it’s to your right, across from the church).
From the intersection of Rt. 4 and Rt. 896/S. College Ave.:
· if you are coming south from the UD campus on Rt. 896/ S. College Ave., pass through the intersection with Rt. 4 to the next traffic light, and turn left there (on Old Chestnut Hill Rd.). Then follow the instructions above for the rear & front church lots, and the Park & Ride lot.
· If you are coming west on Rt. 4, turn left at Rt. 896 and proceed to the next traffic light—then turn left on Old Chestnut Hill Rd. (then see the above regarding access from Old Chestnut Hill Rd.)
· If you are coming east on Rt. 4, turn right at the traffic light on Rt. 896/ S. College Ave. and proceed to the next traffic light (that’s Old Chestnut Hill Rd. – then see above).
Departing the church parking areas:
· If you are parked in the rear parking lot:
- Turn right out of the rear lot and proceed to the first traffic light. There, bear right (just ahead of the light) for Rt. 896/ S. College Ave. north toward Newark;
- OR turn left at the light, to go south on Rt. 896/ S. College Ave., toward the I-95 intersection and south on Rt. 896.
- OR turn left out of the rear lot, and go to the first stop sign. Proceed straight (then immediately bear right) for Rt. 4 east.
· If you are parked in the front church lot, or in the Park & Ride:
- Go back the way you came in, to the stop sign. At the stop sign, either turn right & go to the next traffic light (for Rt. 896 north or south—see above); OR
- turn left at the stop sign (& immediately bear right) for Rt. 4 eastbound.
- OR, you can depart the front lot by using the exit at the far end of the lot—it takes you out on Rt. 896, heading north toward Newark.
The New Ark Chorale is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. As such, your gift is typically tax deductible. Contact your tax advisor for details.